As Head of Human Resources, you will play a pivotal role in this newly created position. In this senior position the successful appointee will be responsible for determining and providing leadership in developing and executing HR strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organisation, specifically in the areas of succession planning, talent management, change management, organisational and performance management, training and development, and compensation. S/he is also responsible for leading and managing employee communications, employee relations, policy development, compensation, and benefits.
The Head of HR is also responsible for nurturing, shaping, and sustaining the overall cultural strategy for the company. S/he will work closely with senior colleagues to ensure culture is a strong component of the company’s overall business strategy.
This high-impact senior leadership position will lead and contribute in the following three key ways:
- Thought leader and strategic business partner helping to develop and drive the organisation's business strategy.
- Change management and development leader who cultivates and strengthens relationships to create a thriving workplace culture for all.
- People and talent management leader with a proven track record of demonstrating strategic perspective while also contributing on a tactical level alongside staff to deliver processes that centre on employee experience and retention.
As part of this role, the Head of HR will be expected to provide creative and insightful solutions to critical HR issues and advise other members of the executive team accordingly.
The Head of HR will be an exceptional leader of people, with drive, vision, a strategic mindset, clarity of purpose, proven track record of HR/OD delivery, and possess high levels of integrity.
Leadership And Strategy
- Lead the development and implementation of the organisation’s People, Culture and Capability strategic plan, ensuring alignment with the strategic business plan.
- Partner with the senior management cadre in proactively developing a high performing Leadership Team which demonstrates shared ownership and effective leadership of the organisation’s People agenda.
- Ensure the Human Resources function is viewed by business leaders as a trusted partner, adviser and thought leader that continually delivers value based on a deep understanding of the company’s purpose, objectives, and operations.
- Role model effective and impactful leadership of the HR function as well as collaboration with senior colleagues / peers.
People and Performance
- Ensure leaders at all levels have access to the development necessary for them to effectively lead and coach their function, team, and individual performance, and to be the most effective leaders they can be.
- Hold leaders at all levels accountable for managing and leading their people and embed this mindset and culture across the organisation (incl, in the HR function).
- Lead the development, implementation, and embedding of organisational transformation and change priorities and initiatives in support of achievement of the aspired organisational culture and performance.
- Lead the development, implementation and embedding of a resourcing and talent management strategy and associated plans to ensure the company has the necessary skills and competences now and for the future.
- Lead the development and implementation of a strategy to build and maintain employee engagement, ensuring leaders are recognised and held accountable as the key enabler, and the HR function as champion of the employee experience.
- Lead the development, implementation and embedding of a Diversity and Inclusion strategy and associated plans to ensure the organisation reflects the diversity of the clients it serves and creates internally for staff the inclusive environment it seeks to create for all company employees.
- Lead the development, implementation and maintenance of HR standards, policies and procedures (including performance management, remuneration and benefits; recruitment, talent management; onboarding etc) that are fit for-purpose, and drive value for the business.
- Ensure leaders understand HR policies and are competent to apply the associated procedures for which they are accountable.
- Lead the development and implementation of an Employee Relations strategy and associated plan that supports achievement of the aspired organisational culture and employee experience.
- Lead the learning & development function, incl. development and implementation of company-wide capability/competence development framework.
- Deliver an efficient and cost-effective HR function (including all HR related transactional activities.
- Lead the provision and assurance of an accurate and timely payroll service.
- Instil a continuous improvement / innovation mindset in the HR function and drive the same mindset more broadly across the company.
- Ensure the Human Resources function is data-driven (by appropriately using data and information to deliver insights), and that:
- The HR function uses those insights to continually improve the effectiveness and efficiency of its systems, policies, and procedures; and
- Function leaders at all levels use those insights in managing their people and building employee engagement in their teams.
- Lead the identification of people, culture, and capability-related risks for the whole organisation, and ensure appropriate controls are in place and are effective.
- Ensure the organisation complies with all HR-related statutory and regulatory requirements and provide assurance to the Leadership Team via regular reporting.
- Establish and maintain highly effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- Network with HR peers in other organisations across and outside the industry.
- Keep up to date with HR and Organisational Development trends, engage the organisation’s leaders accordingly, and leverage the learnings in support of the company’s business strategy.
- Leadership and Management skills.
- Communication (written and oral) and influencing skills.
- Commercial Acumen.
- Building and maintaining relationships
- Emotional Intelligence
- Problem solving and decision-making.
- Resilience and calmness under pressure.
- Demonstrates a clear and deep understanding of employment law.
- Strategic Focus.
- Change management.
- Analytical skills
- Results driven.
- Several years’ experience operating as a Head of HR / CPO.
- Proven technical leadership – ability to communicate with and inform other members of the leadership and management team on HR matters.
- Desirable: Knowledge of or experience working in the Construction or related Industry
- Relevant 3rd level HR qualification (Fetac Level 8), Membership of CIPD.
- Desirable: Master’s in Business Administration or equivalent.
Extremely attractive remuneration package on offer for the successful candidate
Please email in absolute confidence a completed Application letter and CV to email@example.com marked by ‘Head of HR’ in the subject line.
If you are interested in finding out more about the above role and would like to be considered for this or other suitable roles that we may have available for your skill set – please attach your CV via the link provided. Please submit your updated CV in Word Format
If you are living in Ireland and hold a VALID WORK PERMIT, we would love to hear from you, if however, you do not hold a valid work permit unfortunately we will not be in a position to assist you with your job search.
Osborne are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.