The successful candidate will lead the delivery of audit assignments and be responsible for the effective delivery of high-quality assignments to fieldwork completion and final accounts and audit report stage, within the required timescale. The post-holder will also supervise and direct junior auditors during assignments.
We are seeking an ambitious, high-performing candidate and can offer strong prospects for career progression.
Key result areas
1. Lead the delivery of a broad cross sector of audit assignments.
2. Ensure adequately planning on all audit assignments and that staff are briefed in advance on the specific risks of the assignment.
3. Draft high-quality, financial statements and audit reports that include practical recommendations to address all risk issues and control weaknesses identified during the assignment, with a clear supporting rationale.
4. Lead effective and efficient multiple audit assignments concurrently.
5. Build & maintain effective working relationships with both firm and client staff.
6. Regularly brief Partner on significant issues on the work being undertaken and any issues.
7. Deliver audit assignments to a high standard of quality, ensuring conformance with FRS102 and Irish GAAP, addressing key risks effectively.
8. Adherence to allotted timescales, budgets, and resource allocation.
9. Manage the day-to-day supervision, on-the-job training and mentoring of junior staff allocated to audit assignment and fully participate in all Performance Management initiatives as required.
Essential knowledge & skills:
- A qualification as an Accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent).
- Demonstrable understanding of risk, Irish GAAP, FRS102 and CA2014 and awareness of topical issues
- Sound knowledge of the development of audit strategies and Terms of Engagement for individual engagements
- Strong technical competence and detailed practical knowledge of FRS102, Irish and UK GAAP and CA2014
- Proven ability to work on a diverse range of clients across multiple sectors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Project management skills plus the proven ability to handle multiple tasks/projects at any one time.
For more information, please apply through the link provided for the attention of Fiach O’Byrne or call Osborne Recruitment on 01 638 4400
If you are interested in finding out more about the above role and would like to be considered for this or other suitable roles that we may have available for your skill set – please attach your CV via the link provided. Please submit your updated CV in Word Format
If you are living in Ireland and hold a VALID WORK PERMIT, we would love to hear from you, if however, you do not hold a valid work permit unfortunately we will not be in a position to assist you with your job search. Osborne are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.