Accounts Assistant – Accountancy Practice (Arklow) – 30-35K
Osborne Recruitment is currently seeking an organized and detail-oriented Accounts Assistant to join our Accountancy Practice in Arklow. As an integral part of our team, you will provide essential support to our accountants and clients by handling various accounting tasks. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of accounting principles, excellent numerical skills, and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Bookkeeping: Perform day-to-day bookkeeping tasks, including recording financial transactions, maintaining general ledgers, and reconciling bank statements.
- Accounts Payable and Receivable: Process invoices, payments, and receipts. Ensure accuracy and timely processing of vendor invoices, employee expenses, and client payments.
- Bank Reconciliations: Reconcile bank accounts on a regular basis, identifying and resolving discrepancies in a timely manner.
- VAT Returns: Assist in the preparation and submission of VAT returns, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and deadlines.
- Payroll Support: Assist in processing payroll, including maintaining employee records, calculating wages, and submitting payroll tax returns.
- Financial Statements: Assist in the preparation of financial statements, including profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
- Client Communication: Interact with clients to gather financial information, resolve inquiries, and provide necessary support as directed by accountants or senior team members.
- Filing and Documentation: Maintain organized and up-to-date financial records and documentation in accordance with company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Compliance: Stay informed about changes in accounting regulations and best practices. Ensure compliance with relevant accounting standards and guidelines.
- Software and Tools: Utilize accounting software and tools effectively to carry out accounting tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Team Collaboration: Collaborate with colleagues to ensure smooth workflow, share knowledge, and contribute to the overall success of the accountancy practice.
- Either Fully ATI Qualified or Part Qualifed in the ACCA’s OR ACA’s
- Relevant qualification in accounting, finance, or a related field is desirable.
- Prior experience in a similar role, preferably within an accountancy practice or professional services firm.
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles and practices.
- Proficiency in accounting software (e.g., QuickBooks, Xero) and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact professionally with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and contribute as a team player.
- Knowledge of Irish tax regulations and VAT returns is a plus.
- Familiarity with payroll processing and relevant legislation is desirable.
To be considered for this position apply today or call Paula Ferrie on 01 5252457
If you are interested in finding out more about the above role and would like to be considered for this or other suitable roles that we may have available for your skill set – please attach your CV via the link provided. Please submit your updated CV in Word Format
If you are living in Ireland and hold a VALID WORK PERMIT, we would love to hear from you, if however, you do not hold a valid work permit unfortunately we will not be in a position to assist you with your job search.
Osborne are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.