Seed Plant, Harvest & Customer Services Operator / General Operator
Position: Full Time
Location: Co. Kilkenny.
Here at Osborne, we have partnered with a leading Irish company who pride themselves as being top of the sector in Animal health and nutrition. They are a trusted Global Name with a global presence. Within this company, they have an opening for a Senior Formulations Specialist to join their team and grow with the company. They have been in existence for over 100 years and due to constant growth and development.
The company have been producing animal feeds since. The ethos is PRECISION NUTRITION – Providing scientifically advanced nutrition and healthcare solutions for animal well-being and performance. They produce premium performance equine feeds, pet food and supplements, and our expertise in research and innovation has been built up over five generations.
Their customers range from the Ireland and the UK to Continental Europe, the USA, Middle East, Japan and elsewhere in the Far East.
The primary aim of this position is to ensure the production of product to the highest quality standards as set down by the company. Liaise closely with the Area Manager and staff to ensure accurate and efficient processing of customer demands.
Duties and Responsibility:
Operation of the seed plant, screening / cleaning of grain, dressing of all varieties of seed grain and bagging of seed. Operation of harvest grain dryers when required. You are expected to provide an excellent service and responsiveness to all customers.
Preparation for Harvest
- Cleaning of stores
- Spraying of stores for infestation
- Cleaning of grain dryers
- Test run all equipment
- Cleaning out intake pits and hoppers
- Dryer maintenance and calibration of equipment
- Inspection and testing of grain and seed arriving on site
- Operation of dryers to maximum efficiency
- Sampling and Testing
- Storage of dry grain and seed
- Recording of grain temperatures in stores
- Keeping of records for stores, what products were stored in each store / bin and when. Allocation of raw materials to stores. Planning of use of stores for different products
Quality / Hygiene
- Ensure adherence to product specifications
- Comply with department of agriculture and other regulations
- Ensure that all areas are maintained to the highest possible standards at all times
- You may be required to perform other tasks for the company from time to time as part of your duties
- You are expected to carry out your duties in a manner that inspires the respect and confidence of the customers and your colleagues and reflects the desired image of the company.
- Ensure site security is kept to a maximum at all times
- Operate weighbridge when required
Osborne are an equal opportunity employer.