The organisation: The National Deaf Village Sports and Leisure Company (NDVSLC) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Reach Deaf Services, formerly known as the Catholic Institute for Deaf People (CIDP).
NDVSLC holds a lease from Reach Deaf Services under which it has responsibility for the campus that is known as Deaf Village Ireland as well as various sports facilities and grounds. A portion of this lease is further sub leased to a separate company known as Deaf Village Ireland. Within NDVSLC there is a trading arm, “Inspire Fitness Centre” that operates a gym and leisure facilities including a swimming pool and various recreational facilities to the local community in Cabra, Dublin, as well as to the wider Deaf community.
The overall aim in establishing this campus is to provide facilities for the wider Deaf community in Ireland as well as many Deaf organisations based in Dublin, to promote Deaf culture and Deaf heritage, to support Deaf education and to be a home for Irish Sign language users.
The Executive Officer will report to the NDVSLC Chairperson and Board of Directors.
The Executive Officer will take overall responsibility and accountability for the performance of the NDVSLC and its future strategic direction. A vital part of the role will be to ensure that the company can demonstrate excellent governance and compliance to its parent company, Reach Deaf Services, as well as to the Charity Regulator. The Executive Officer will be expected to develop a close and effective working relationship with the chairperson of the board.
The post-holder will provide leadership in the following key areas.
- Strategy, Development and Management:
- Financial Management:
- Performance Management:
- Employee Management:
- Corporate Governance:
Key Skills and Experience:
- Strong track record in delivery of good governance and compliance with regulatory requirements
- Commercial growth – strong commercial background with a proven track record of driving increased profitability in a dynamic environment. Responsibility for maintaining and generating future revenue streams
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups
- Excellent planning & organisational skills with a proven ability to design and implement robust business processes
- Robust analytical skills and the ability to synthesise complex information from diverse sources into coherent clearly written reports
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to identify, address and resolve problems
- An understanding of the key risks facing the business and the industry sector
- Ability to think strategically and critically to develop strategic plans
- A collaborative management style, excellent people manager who delegates responsibilities effectively.
- Advanced interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Comfortable working in a diverse environment
Knowledge (Education and Related Experience)
- More than five years of management experience with a commercial background
- Knowledge and experience in organisational effectiveness, operations management, project management and implementing best practices.
- Relevant third level qualification
- Understanding of the application of relevant legislation
- Strong experience and skills to manage large-scale budgets effectively.
- To undertake any training and development as required by NDVSLC Ltd
- To undertake learning Irish Sign Language (to a specified level of competence)
For further information and a confidential discussion on this Executive Officer role, please apply by sending both a CV and covering letter or, a short video in Irish Sign Language by email or file transfer to [email protected].
Deadline for applications is 12pm on Wednesday, February 14th, 2024.
1st round interviews are anticipated to take place week commencing February 26th 2024.