Trainee Farm Manager
We are currently recruiting for a Trainee Farm Manager for our client who are a family ran business based in Co. Monaghan on a Permanent basis.
This is an exciting opportunity for a graduate who wants to grow within a farm who grows and produces and sells mushrooms into the UK and Ireland. The successful candidates will need to come form an Agri back ground be enthusiastic and really wants to progress and have a keen interest.
Salary & Benefits
- €25,000 + DOE
- Growth & Progression
- Parking on site
Main duties to include the following:
- Growing mushrooms on large, modern mushroom farm with support and training from Farm Manager.
- Management and rostering of a large, international work force; to include supervisors, collectors, compost filling team and harvesting staff.
- Oversight of and participation of farm operations including the filling & emptying of mushroom tunnels, pesticide application, general cleaning of site.
- Ensuring productivity, crop yield and efficiency targets are met, as per company KPIs.
- Forecasting of mushroom production, both daily and weekly.
- Completion of daily farm walks, frequent quality spot-checks and highlighting quality issues to production team.
- Maintaining farm records in line with food safety standards.
- Use of computer systems including Fancom (climate control for growing) and I Grow (production app).
Other tasks to include:
- Ensuring staff adherence to the following Company rules:
- Food safety
- Hygiene rules
- Health and Safety
- Disease control
- Ensuring smooth site logistics and adherence to strict timelines.
- Liaising with all departments of the company where necessary (Operations, Technical, Packhouse, Finance, HR, NPD etc.)
Successful candidates will be:
- Local to Monaghan, Cavan farms
- Flexible re. working hours and days
- Flexible re. work duties (a mixture of managerial, operations & farm labour)
- Eager to learn and develop in the company
- From an agri- business / farm background or education
For more information please apply through the link provided for the attention of Janice Byrne or alternatively email directly on email@example.com.
If you are interested in finding out more about the above role and would like to be considered other suitable roles that we may have available for your skill set – please attach your CV via the link provided
Please submit your updated CV in Word Format
If you are living in Ireland and hold a valid work permit, we would love to hear from you, if however, you do not hold a valid work permit unfortunately we will not be in a position to assist you with your job search.