Procurement Engineer Lead
Excellent job opportunity as a leading manufacturing company specializing in medical device is currently recruiting for Procurement Engineer Lead in North Dublin.
- Lead the Site Productivity Program on both Procurement and Operations cost reduction initiatives to achieve business targets.
- Continuously drive material cost reductions through collaboration with Strategic Procurement. Participate in cost negotiations or value engineering initiatives with suppliers to jointly reduce total material costs.
- Act as the site interface with the Global Productivity process such as progress reporting, accurate data alignment and ensuring that the site Productivity processes are maintained.
- Develop, control and create reports on all financial data regarding productivity for both Procurement and Site Operations.
- Develop and drive agreement on a Productivity strategy for commodities which is aligned with the cost objectives.
- Provide an engineering technical resource to the Procurement group to support sourcing decisions and the development of solutions to supplier management challenges.
- Actively engage with suppliers on supplier development initiatives to reduce total direct-material and supplier management costs
- Participate in supplier evaluation and approval exercises
- Foster and develop both business and quality oriented relationships with suppliers.
- Assist with the development of formal Supply Agreements with key suppliers.
- Work with strategic procurement to identify Global Value Sources for direct supply into the site. Manage Product Life Cycle (PLC) program with each supplier, utilising ‘best practices’ in instrument New Product Introductions (NPI) and ‘End-of-Life’ (EOL) programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Procurement/Supply Chain preferably in an electro-mechanical manufacturing environment.
- Great overall knowledge of key commodity manufacturing processes.
- APICS/IIPMM Certification is an advantage.
- Experience with practical tactical Procurement experience.
- Proven track record of value engineering/cost reduction achievements with suppliers.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience of dealing with various sizes of suppliers, locally and internationally.
- SAP Purchasing experience highly desirable.
- Flexible to travel.
For more information please apply through the link provided for the attention of Shaqira or call 0419865058.
For more information on all of our current jobs visit www.osborne.ie