At Osborne Recruitment we have an exciting opportunity for Firmware Engineer to join a global leader that specialises in security products.
As the Firmware Engineer, you will join an organisation that is leading the way in developing the latest technologies. You will work in an agile environment that not only allows you to work autonomously but you will also be working with and supported by a highly skilled global technical team.
The Firmware Engineer is responsible for developing and maintaining firmware modules in C and assembler for the product portfolio.
Salary & Benefits
- Top Market Salaries
- Contribution health insurance
- Travel – Europe
- You will be working in brand new modern offices and workstations with new breakout area
- Excellent culture where you get the responsibility to work autonomously whilst still working with and being supported by a global technical team
Duties / Responsibilities
- Firmware Feature Implementation on all intrusion products to include - Code Architectural Design, Code Development etc.
- Firmware maintenance (bug fixing) on all products and test equipment
- Firmware development for product manufacturing test (e.g. test fixtures, PC level test, test procedures etc) in order to ensure optimal cost and quality of products supplied by EMS manufacturers
- The creation of technical documentation for all firmware modules worked on, such as source code documentation, technical specifications, test criteria and release notes
- Liaising with the relevant project leaders and team leaders on project for resource planning, budget, timeline estimations, development status updates, code reviews, etc
- Developing test modules and testing firmware modules prior to system test
Key Experience and Competencies
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in firmware development
- Degree in Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in assembler programming and with C Programming language, Complier, debuggers (JTAG debugging), automatic code generation and with source control (SVN or Sourcesafe).
- Strong practical knowledge of electronics and the manufacturing processes
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in documentation of complex products
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications such as Word and Excel
- Clear and concise documentation skills
Please apply through the link provided for the attention of Emma Hickey at Osborne or call Emma on 041 9865058 for further information.
For details of all Osborne jobs please see www.osborne.ie Apply Now